Walsgrave Church of England
At Walsgrave Church of England Academy, our vision is “Together we Thrive’. Walsgrave is a two-form entry school with 454 children from Nursery to Year 6. We serve a diverse demographic, being home to multiple religions, languages, nationalities and abilities. Our distinctively Christian Vision, leads to the effective nurturing of our diverse demographic, supporting the wellbeing of staff and children alike, inclusivity of all needs and backgrounds which helps us to build a sense of achievement, resilience and mutual respect and most importantly Trust.
Our purpose is to provide all of our children with the opportunity to live our distinctively Christian mission through providing a rich, broad and balanced curriculum. This allows all of our children to flourish academically, socially and emotionally.
Our values are not static and are lived daily within our school. They feed into all we do from our policies, into our practise that includes our adapted curriculum for our community and ensuring we continue to provide opportunity for personal development by living our Christian values of Friendship, Endurance, Service, Thankfulness, Forgiveness and Hope.
- Friendship – If one falls down, a friend can lift him up. Ecclesiastes 4:10 (NIV).
- Endurance – We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. Colossians 1 10-11 (NLT).
- Thankfulness – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1 (NIV).
- Forgiveness -Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we forgive the wrongs that others have done to us. Matthew 2:12 (GNT).
- Service – God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of gifts. Use them well to serve one another.1 Peter 4:10 (NLT).
- Hope-For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV).
We aim to build the skills to ‘live life in all its fullness’ and ensure our learners reach their given potential as individuals and flourishing as one of God’s children. And we believe in the Jeremiah 29:11 ‘For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’