• to determine the Vision for the Trust and ensure that its achievement underpins all strategic planning and decision making.
• to develop the Values of the Trust and ensure that they underpin all decision making.
• to agree and oversee the implementation of a Strategy for the development of the Trust
• to develop, agree, implement and monitor all the Trust’s Strategies and Policies for the achievement of the Vision.
• to develop, review and take ownership of the Trust’s Strategic plan, incorporating the academies’ financial plans, and monitoring their implementation.
• to ensure that all schools within the Trust attain high standards and demonstrate at least good progress against national indicators.
• to ensure that the Trust keeps within legal obligations and complies with all necessary regulatory requirements.
• to maintain overall control and consistency of approach across the academies within the Trust through:
o strong governance arrangements
o clear and appropriate levels of delegated authority
o unified frameworks for strategic planning, risk management, policy making and performance review